This is SUCH a good recipe from @igmeals. It’s vegetarian, but can easily be made vegan with a parmesan cheese substitute. The seasonings can be changed to whatever you like. Being a lifetime Marylander, I love Old Bay on everything, so I use a mix of Old Bay, Garlic Salt, and have tried this with the pink Himalayan salt (muy delicioso). So, without further ado, here is the recipe for this amazing roasted artichoke. Make as many as you want!
2 large artichokes
1/4 cup butter or olive oil (can use vegan butter like Earth Balance)
2 TBSP seasoning of choice
2 TBSP parmesan cheese (or vegan substitute)
1 TBSP pink Himalayan salt or sea salt (salting water and topping)
- Melt butter in a stock pot and add seasoning. If using olive oil, combine seasoning and olive oil and mix well. Set aside mix.
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Cut sides of the artichokes and rub with lemon halves.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves into the water and add the lemon peels.
- Add the artichoke halves to boiling water and cook until just tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry with paper towel/cloth.
- Preheat broiler (in oven).
- Arrange the artichokes, cut-side up, in the baking dish.
- Drizzle butter/oil mixture onto the artichokes, coating completely.
- Broil until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Once out of oven add a pinch of salt and seasoning and eat with your favorite dipping sauce! (Honey BBQ for this one is the best). Garnish with parmesan or vegan substitute.