I used to get chicken caesar salad or a chicken caesar wrap almost EVERY time I would go out to eat. It was one of the first things I missed when I gave up meat (even more than a Five Guys burger).
Makes 5 pieces
Vegan (0r vegetarian depending on the dressing you use)
For the crust:
1 cup warm water
1 TBSP yeast
4 TBSP nutritional yeast
1 tsp garlic powder
cracked black pepper
1 TBSP sugar
1 tsp sea salt
2 TBSP olive oil
3 cups flour
3-4 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 pack cooked, vegan “chicken” (beyond meat or other)
1 TBSP lemon pepper seasoning
squeeze of lemon
1/4 cup vegan caesar salad dressing
1 head of romaine
1 carton heirloom tomatoes, sliced
4 TBSP vegan parmesan cheese
cracked black pepper
1-2 TBSP crushed red pepper
1 small loaf of bread cut into small pieces and tossed in olive oil and 1 tsp garlic powder
- To make the crust, add yeast and sugar to warm water and allow to proof for 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to lowest setting, after preheating is done, turn off.
- While the yeast is proofing, combine the salt, nutritional yeast, garlic, and flour in the bowl. Once yeast is bubbling, combine with the flour mixture and then add the olive oil. Start to mix the dough by hand and then start to knead it on a floured surface. The dough should be soft but not sticky; add more flour if necessary. Remove the dough from the bowl and form it into a nice ball. Pour a little more olive oil into the bottom of the bowl and put the dough back in, turning it once to coat with olive oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, set it in the preheated oven, and allow to rise for at least 45 minutes to an hour.
- When the dough has risen, punch it down, remove it from the bowl, and place it on a clean, well-floured counter. To make the dough more manageable, divide the dough into 3 equal portions so that you can achieve the right size. Roll each portion out to a thickness of 1/8-1/4″.
- Roll out the dough onto a greased pizza pan, coat the edges with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- While baking break out the defrosted chicken strips and cook in a medium size pan over medium heat with olive oil until you get a good sear. Top with lemon pepper seasoning and a squeeze of lemon and set aside. Wash and slice the romaine and tomatoes.
- To make the homemade croutons, throw in a small loaf chopped into pieces and coated with olive oil and garlic powder with the pizza or by itself and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once pizza is done baking remove from oven and let cool, top with lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, lemon chicken, dressing, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, cracked black pepper and parmesan.
You can also use veggie bacon and it’s just as good as the chicken option! Enjoy 😀